Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) adds a second layer of security to your SDSUid account. By verifying your identity using a second factor (such as your mobile device or a hardware token), MFA prevents anyone else from logging into your account, even if they know your password.
To help keep SDSU users and data safe, the campus utilizes Duo's MFA solution.
Duo MFA is required for all staff, students, vendors, and special community users who access SDSU applications protected by Duo MFA and VPN.
What If I received an authentication request I did not initiate?
An unexpected MFA request is one you receive that was initiated by someone else trying to sign in as you. This could mean that your SDSUid username and password have been compromised. You should change your password immediately by going through the SDSUid Password Change process. Please report the incident team immediately at [email protected].
- The Duo Licenses are covered by the CSU Chancellor's Office for all faculty and staff and the SDSU IT Security Officer covers the licenses for all SDSU students.
- Costs for SMS Text messages, which are only sent by request, are applicable to the user’s mobile carrier plan. Voice calls are sent only when you request them and would be billed by your carrier like any other inbound voice call.
- The University will not reimburse users for any expenses incurred. If you incur significant expense using Duo MFA on a smartphone, then you may want to enroll in an alternative method, such as a landline or use a hardware token (please see the ServiceNow KBA on the use of Supported Devices).
- Duo First-Time Enrollment
- I have a new phone with the same number and the Duo Mobile App stopped working. What should I do? (External Site: Knowledge Base in ServiceNow)
- I have a new phone with a different number and the Duo Mobile App stopped working. What should I do? (External Site: Knowledge Base in ServiceNow)
- How do I manage my devices? (External Site: Knowledge Base in ServiceNow)
- How do I generate Bypass Codes? (External Site: Knowledge Base in ServiceNow)
- What if I’m traveling internationally? (External Site: Knowledge Base in ServiceNow)
- My cellphone isn’t able to use the Duo App. What options do I have?
- What is Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)? (link coming soon)
- Duo Troubleshooting ServiceNow KB (link coming soon)
- Authentication Methods ServiceNow KB (link coming soon)
- Supported Devices ServiceNow KB (link coming soon)
- Training Videos ServiceNow KB (link coming soon)
- FAQs ServiceNow KB (link coming soon)
- YubiKeys and Duo Hardware Tokens (link coming soon)
- How to Use Duo with VPN? (link coming soon)
To request a service, create a ServiceNow Ticket and assign the ticket to “IT-ITSO-Help Desk”. Connect with us at [email protected] for security-related-questions, consulting, and incident reporting.